Thank you so much for this program. Last month when I reactivated my Audible account I found all my previous purchases were gone. I did get them back after contacting support but naturally I did not feel very secure.
So I downloaded all the aax files and did all to get your program to work.
Initially it only did the smaller files, the bigger ones ended with an error telling probably the disc it full. As I am running windows and thus your program in a virtual machine I thought it was just my virtual hard disk that was full. I went deleting and uninstalling unneeded programs but this did not help much.
Finally I found how it works: The program reads the aax file and expands it in several 1Gb files before splitting those in chapters and converting them in the selected format. In this process the size of the original file becomes 10-20x bigger! A lot of temporary disk space is needed, much more than I had. (it's like over 10Gb for a longer book)
Then when the disk is full the program stops. It gives a helpful error message, but what it does not do is delete the files that filled it up in the first place. So after there is even less space. It took me a while to locate those files as they are in hidden folders in the users home directory.
After deleting the temporary files and also downloading books in parts from Audible (max file size under 300Mb) I was able to convert all my audio books to flac & MP3 in the limited size of the virtual disk.
So now I have back ups in case Audible does funny things. I'll do this for any future purchase as well.
I thought I report about the cache not being cleared as others may also face it. It may be simple to fix.
Again thank you so much for developing this program.